[ Basics ]
What is your name? Athena (yes really)
Where do you rest your head? Vancouver, Canada
How old is your liver? 28 years
What is your gender? Of the feminine
How would you define your self? an odd mix of techie and artist
Significant other? nadaa
What is your shoe size? very small
[ Favorites ]
Color? Purple, like the people eaters
Bands? Barenaked Ladies, Sarah McLachlan, Great Big Sea ... and others
Movies? High Fidelity, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Incredibles, Galaxy Quest,
Lord of the Rings (and no, not the horrible animated one)
Television Programs? Farscape, Babylon 5, Gilmore Girls
Books? The Belgariad, Harry Potter ... these days I'm reading a lot of books on fiction writing and mythology
Video game? Age of Mythology
Instrument? played piano once upon a time, love the sound of the cello and the violin
Board game? Clue
Pet? have had a dog, hamsters, budgies, fish ...
Song? "Sometimes I" by Perpetual Dream Theory
Quote? "To drive free, to love free, to court destruction with taunts ... " -- Walt Whitman
Food? Pasta, chocolate and other things that are destined to increase my waist-line
Beverage? milk ... still waiting for it to make me taller
[ In-depth ]
Convince us of your nerdly heritage:
- have used a computer since I was two and half, first computer was an HP 'luggable' with a tiny screen and a tape drive.
- parents insisted I learn to touch-type when I was six. Also wrote my first computer programs in Logo around that time
- started visiting BBSs (Bulletin Board Systems) when I was 16 or so
using a 28.8K modem. I was sysop on my own BBS, "Dreams of Dark
Enchanted Lizards" (DoDEL) from 1996-99. Also an ansi artist during
this time, member of the MiSTiGRiS art group and founder of the
short-lived art group, Hallucigenia ... the ultimate failure of the
latter may have had to do with no one being able to spell it.
- built my first webpage in 1997 and have been freelancing on-and-off as a web designer ever since
- got my Bachelors in Communications (sometimes called 'media studies').
My favourite papers had titles like "Shows that 'Live Long and
Prosper': Cult TV and Cultural Populism'
- was the original designer behind the Save Farscape Canada website
- just completed a two year diploma program in computer animation
If I could grant you one wish, what would you wish for?
- a job at Pixar ... making coffee, sweeping the floors, animating ... really wouldn't care.
What nerdly activities do you partake in?
- can wax eloquently about the beauty of an animation f-curve
- still making and running websites, which seems to involve learning
more programming than I *ever* thought I would be involved in. My most
active baby would be Keyframe ... a site devoted to profiling animated films, TV series, shorts, etc.
A Star trek convention is coming to your town do you go?
Hell yea. I went three when they were still coming to
Vancouver... which was admittedly ages ago. I got to see in person
Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. Brent
and Marina were entertaining. Shatner was just annoying ... *ducks*
Write an interesting solution to this mathmatical problem : 4+4=?
Four giants are added to four midgets. The result is four giants because the midgets are now flat, pulpy goo.
You see a cloaked stranger standing in the shadows of an alley. He offers you something,What is it, and how do you reply?
I have received a semi-translucent cube that moos like a cow if it is shaken too much. I reply "The seagull dies at sunset."
At a gaming convention, what would you dress up as and why?
Pikachu ... because I think me bopping around as an electric mouse would irritate the hell out of so many people. :)
Write a short, creative story about your plot for world conquest:
Take over the media.
[ Pictures ]
[ Your thoughts ]
tis my experience that you can never go wrong with things nerdly.